Travel Channel Cities
Hawk Ridge led the Travel Channel Cities app for iOS from inception to launch including:
- product and content strategy
- product requirements and user stories (app and CMS)
- vendor selection and management
- product management
- app, CMS and content testing
- launch support
Apple featured Travel Channel Cities in the App Store carousel and Best New Apps collection in both the Travel and Food & Drink categories. Travel Channel Cities for iPad & iPhone was selected as an Official Honoree in The 18th Annual Webby Awards in the Travel (Tablet & All Other Devices) category.
App Store Best New Apps, Travel and Food & Drink categories – Apple
This major update to the award-winning Travel Channel Layover Guide app adds a gorgeous iOS7 interface, recommendations from more hit Travel Channel shows and hosts, hundreds of new destinations, and 4 new cities, enabling travelers to discover great places to eat, drink, and have fun in exciting cities around the world.
- Beautiful, responsive iOS7 interface enables rich browsing and content discovery
- Mapkit and location services integration deliver rich maps and “near me now” discovery
- CMS-served video, photo, text and location data mixes downloaded and streamed content to balance offline access and on-device storage.
- Sharing and supplemental content via Facebook, Twitter, Foresquare and email
- Integrated metrics provide usage and content data